Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ramblings about Luggage Mostly

We are in countdown mode now. Ecuador is 16 days away. And we have 247 things to still do! Typing that just made my hands shake a little. I remember this feeling when we were about to move out of wallkill bethel back in August. I would subconsciously count down the days while simultaneously computing the time it would take to accomplish all the "moving out" things needing to be done (and I wonder why I have panic attacks). Our room was in a constant mess of messy piles (this pile I'm keeping, this pile is stuff I never returned to people, this pile is makeup I don't use but can't throw away...) So many piles!

Ok where was I? Oh yes, ecuador. So yeah, we have a lot to do.

But I must say I have discovered something I love doing in all this ecuador planning....shopping! Ok  I know (and you know) I already love shopping.  But I mean I am really enjoying getting traveling stuff like....suitcases! Do you know there are all different types? Hard case, and fabric and 28 inch and 30 inch and "spinners"? We just bought two and they have found a home near our kitchen. I usually make a beeline when i get home for any baked goods or candy we have stashed on our island table.  And lately, while I stuff my face with a cake pop I'll just marvel at those suitcases, picturing myself in slow motion rolling those beauties past customs while clutching my neck pillow and passport in the other hand. I'll whip them off the conveyor belt in ecuador while my fellow travelers gape at how smoothly they spin and twirl while saying to myself, "you done good girl, you done real good." I also got quite a high from my money belt and luggage tag purchase too.

So shopping aside, we still need to finish packing our bags and packing up our apartment. On to more exciting things to read about (hopefully, I mean that last part got me excited...)

Soooo my family came to surprise me this past weekend! All day after our meeting on Saturday Matt was trying to get me off my iPad (um i was shopping for dreamy luggage for goodness sakes) but little did I know he was trying to get me half way decent for my family's arrival. He finally left to "take out the trash" and came back with my twin sister, her husband, my mom and step dad in tow! I think I jumped up and down for 3 minutes.  I'm smiling now just thinking about it.  Theres nothing like being truly surprised.  So yeah, this past weekend was a dream.  Everyone slept over in our little studio and we cooked bacon and pancakes and went to Cheeseburger in Paradise...it was just perfect.  And to make things even better, my mother, father and brother in law came on Sunday to join in the festivities!

Here are some pics from the weekend...

 
Mi familia! (And Ron and Jackie!) such good times.


Holding my gift from my sister, Cristina.  Thanks to her I will be sporting Madewell's awesome leather travel tote at the airport as my personal item. Yessss





1 comment:

  1. Aw I love this update although I really can't relate to the excitement about luggage...new clothes to put in the luggage is another story though

    ReplyDelete